SDSU Extension will host the Northern States Beef Conference together with NDSU Extension and Minnesota State Extension Jan. 5-6, 2015 in Morton, Minn., at Jackpot Junction.
The conference will include workshops and speakers covering the following topics:
- Capitalizing on high beef markets; How is the market shaping cattle phenotypes?
- Breeding programs to supply the U.S. with beef
- Efficiency and high production: Can they coexist?
- Nutritional management of the beef female for improved reproduction
- Post-birth interventions to reduce calf losses
- When does intensifying cow/calf production make sense?
- Forage and pasture management to reduce cost of production
- Long-term impact of selection for efficiency in the cowherd on production: Successful and futuristic feedlot design and management
- Programs and tools to retain efficiency in the feedlot
- Feeding and managing for various target end-points
- Question & Answer Panel on feedlot management
Source: SDSU Extension