New to the upcoming Top Producer Seminar is the Trust In Food™ Opening Keynote, which will kick off the annual gathering of more than 800 farmers, ranchers and growers from across the U.S. and Canada Jan. 24–26 in Chicago.
Farm Journal has created the keynote to serve as the capstone to the inaugural Trust In Food™ Symposium, a co-located event happening Jan. 23 for 50 VIP farm operators and up to 200 executives from food companies, food retailers, restaurants, agribusinesses, NGOs, tech firms and government agencies.
The presentation will be delivered by Townsend Bailey, Director of U.S. Supply Chain Sustainability for McDonald’s Corporation. He will help farmers and other food chain participants understand how the restaurant company partners with consumers and the agriculture community.
“The Trust In Food™ Symposium is the first important step in Farm Journal’s decade-long initiative to rebuild consumer trust in the food system in cooperation with an array of stakeholders,” said Charlene Finck, Chief Content Officer, Farm Journal Media. “Without question, this is not something Farm Journal can do on its own. That’s why we are so grateful to be featuring the voices of experts who can help advance conversations throughout the supply chain about the five key pillars of consumer trust in food: health and nutrition; safety and security; affordability; animal welfare; and conservation agriculture.”
In addition to McDonald’s Bailey, some of the approximately 40 featured speakers at this year’s inaugural Trust In Food™ Symposium include:
• Holly A. Bamford, Chief Conservation Officer, National Fish and Wildlife Foundation
• Patrick Beary, Director of Corporate Engagement, Agriculture and Food Systems, The Nature Conservancy
• Jason Clay, Senior Vice President, Food and Markets, and Executive Director, Markets Institute, World Wildlife Fund
• Maria Emmer-Aanes, Vice President of Marketing and Communications, Litehouse Foods
• Robb Fraley, Chief Technology Officer, Monsanto Company
• Mark Gardiner, Rancher, Gardiner Angus Ranch
• Jackie McClaskey, Secretary of Agriculture, Kansas Department of Agriculture
• Christy Melhart Slay, Research Director, The Sustainability Consortium
• Mike Neal, CEO and Co-Founder, DecisionNext
• Adrian Percy, Global Head of Research and Development, Bayer Crop Science
• Mary Shelman, Former Director, Agribusiness Program, Harvard University
• Rod Snyder, President, Field to Market
For more information about the 2018 Trust In Food™ Symposium, visit www.TrustInFood.com.
Attend 2018 Top Producer Seminar
When: Jan. 23–26
Where: Hilton Chicago Hotel Downtown, 720 S. Michigan Ave.
What: Welcome reception on Tuesday, Jan. 24 with Trust In Food Symposium attendees; business education and Top Producer of the Year banquet on Wednesday, Jan. 25; “U.S. Farm Report” taping and business education with lunch keynote on Thursday, Jan. 26; and sponsor breakfast followed by two mainstage presentations on the global ag economy and event wrap-up at 10:30 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 27
More Info: To register for the seminar or for additional information, visit TopProducerSeminar.com.
Thanks to our 2018 Top Producer Seminar sponsors:
Premier Level: Agrium (ESN), BASF, Bayer, Beck’s Hybrids, Case IH, Channel, DOW AgroSciences, John Deere, KCOE ISOM, DuPont Pioneer, Top Third Ag Marketing, Valent Co-Sponsors: CliftonLarsonAllen, Rabo AgriFinance Supporting Level: Advance Trading, BMO Harris, Transition Point Business Advisors