, Farm Journal Business & Crops Online Editor
A new business arrangement will help Pioneer, a DuPont business, partner with leading independent seed companies covering nearly 20 key corn and soybean states, Pioneer said today in an official statement.
This new strategy, named PROaccess, will allow these independent companies to partner with Pioneer to expand the availability of corn and soybean products.
"We know that the seed business is not one-size-fits-all. Each company has its own needs,” said Paul Schickler, Pioneer president and DuPont vice president and general manager.” That's why we have built flexibility into this strategy by customizing the agreements to fit the individual needs of each company.”
Some current distribution agreements include:
- AgVenture, Kentland, Ind. (corn hybrids and soybean varieties)
- Doebler's Pennsylvania Hybrids, Inc., Jersey Shore, Pa. (corn hybrids)
- Hoegemeyer Hybrids, Hooper, Neb. (corn hybrids and soybean varieties)
- NuTech Seed, Ames, Iowa (corn hybrids and soybean varieties)
- Seed Consultants, Inc., Washington Court House, Ohio (corn hybrids and soybean varieties)
- Curry Seed, a recent Pioneer acquirement (corn hybrids and soybean varieties)
- GreenLeaf Genetics, LLC (corn and soybean genetics and biotechnology traits)
- BioGene, Brazil, Pioneer's second-brand of seed corn hybrids
- Agricol, South Africa (corn hybrids)
- Ducor, Mexico (corn and sorghum hybrids)
These companies will continue to market their unique products, which include genetics from Pioneer, but have exclusive marketing and distribution rights.
"The PROaccess brands are being represented by companies with rich heritages and successful distribution systems,” Schickler said. "Through the partnership with us, they are strengthening their ability to offer farmers a diverse line of genetics and product choices.”
Pioneer will have access to distribution systems that cover an additional 5% of U.S. corn acres. Business arrangements have also been made in Brazil, Mexico and South Africa.
For More Information