Mergers and acquisitions can help your farm operation advance to the next level of business excellence. But do you have the skills necessary to reach your full potential?
The Mergers, Acquisitions and Growth Conference happening July 13-14, 2015, in Kansas City aims to arm top producers with that knowledge.
“Business success and survival depends on continuous improvement," says Danny Klinefelter, agricultural finance professor and economist with Texas AgriLife Extension, which will host the event along with K-Coe Isom, with sponsors Monsanto and CHS. "Farmers and ranchers need to pick up the pace to stay in the front half of the pack. Mergers and acquisitions can give them greater economies of scale or additional managerial expertise. This conference is a great learning and networking opportunity. Producers will gain the know-how to weigh the pros and cons of different growth strategies.”
The conference will take place at the Embassy Suites Airport, 7640 NW Tiffany Springs Pkwy., in Kansas City, Mo. Registration is $625 for the first person and $500 for each subsequent person from the same business.
Click here to register online and or call the hotel at 816-891-7788 and refernce the group name "Texas A&M Growth."
Speakers will include:
- Danny Klinefelter, Texas A&M University economist
- Kathleen Walton, principal, K-Coe Isom
- Peter Martin, manager, K-Coe Isom
- Dennis Roddy, manager, K-Coe Isom
- Scott Burroughs, Burroughs Farms LLC of Morton, Ill.
- Tim Richter, Saratoga Partnership of Lime Springs, Iowa
- Wayne Remple, CEO, Kroeker Farms Limited of Manitoba, Canada
- Davon Cook, Ag Progress
- Kevin Bearley, principal, K-Coe Isom
- Jeff Wald, CEO, K-Coe Isom
- Scott Lewis, Monsanto