The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Haskell County will host a Range, Pasture and Cow/Calf Program on Aug. 26 at the Haskell Civic Center, 200 S. Ave. B, Haskell, Texas.
Registration will begin at 8 a.m. with the program at 8:30 a.m. Registration will be $20, which includes lunch. Three general Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units will be offered.
“There will be great information at the program and I encourage you to attend,” said Jason Westbrook, AgriLife Extension agriculture and natural resources agent for Haskell County. “We will have AgriLife Extension specialists here who have not previously presented in Haskell. Please take advantage of this time to ask them any questions you have related to your range, pasture and beef cattle needs.”
Topics and speakers will be:
– Brush and Prickly Pear Management in the Southern Rolling Plains, James Jackson, AgriLife Extension range program specialist, Stephenville.
– Fire Ecology in the Southern Rolling Plains–Pre-Fire, Post-Fire, Dr. Morgan Russell, AgriLife Extension range specialist, San Angelo.
– Cow/Calf Management, Dr. Ted McCollum, AgriLife Extension beef cattle specialist, Amarillo.
– U.S. Department of Agriculture Comments, Shawn Ferguson, Haskell.
– Ranching Production and Financial Efficiency, Stan Bevers, AgriLife Extension economist, Vernon.
– USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service – Plant I.D., Cody Mathis, Haskell.
– Southern Rolling Plains Prescribed Burn Association, Michael Tynes, Sweetwater.
Those planning to attend need to RSVP by 5 p.m. Aug. 21 to the AgriLife Extension office for Haskell County at 940-864-2658. Payment will be taken at the door and checks can be made to: Haskell Ag Committee.
Contact Westbrook with any further questions at the AgriLife Extension office or Jason.Westbrook@ag.tamu.edu.
Source: Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service