Don’t miss Top Producer’s 2014 Executive Women in Agriculture (EWA) conference happening Dec. 4 to 5 in Chicago, Ill., at the Palmer House Hilton Hotel. The event will be packed with thought-provoking panel discussions and breakout sessions, along with incredible speakers including Julie Borlaug of the Norman E. Borlaug Institute for International Agriculture.
Now in its fourth year, EWA is intended to provide education on farm business practices as well as unique networking opportunities. The 2012 Census of Agriculture shows women make up more than 30% of farm operators, and more young women are returning to the farm to manage human resources, financial reporting, production and technology, and more.
(Click here to register for the 2014 Executive Women in Agriculture conference.)
Speakers and topics this year include:
- Julie Borlaug, associate director for external relations, Borlaug Institute for International Agriculture at Texas A&M Agrilife (“Women in Agriculture: A Call to Action”)
- Jill Eberhart, principal, Kennedy & Coe (“Getting Ready for Growth”)
- Nicole Olynk Widmar, ag economist, Purdue University (“Structuring Big Decisions”)
- Angie Maguire, vice president of grain for Citizens LLC (“Commodity Marketing Strategies for Grain”)
- Liza Moore, attorney, Foster Swift Collins & Smith PC (“Manage Your Farm’s Legal Liability”)
Visit the 2014 Executive Women in Agriculture registration website to sign up for the event and to view additional details on these events and many others.