Registration is now open for the 2015 Nebraska Angus Tour, which is scheduled for Aug. 20-22. This year’s tour will feature southeast Nebraska with visits to several Angus ranches, local agricultural companies and the University of Nebraska–Lincoln. Registration for this year’s event is $50 per person or $75 per couple before August 1.
The tour, entitled “Explore Nebraska … Angus Country,” will showcase a large number of Angus enterprises that encompass the state. A complete schedule follows.
Nebraska Angus Tour Schedule of Events
Thursday, Aug. 20
- Raising the Steaks: A Ranchers Guide to Applied Meat Science — sponsored by Certified Angus Beef LLC (CAB) and University of Nebraska–Lincoln (UNL)
- Pre-tour social — Sponsored by Zoetis
Friday, Aug. 21
- GeneSeek – Lincoln, genomics tour
- UNL animal science research facility
- Sisco Bros. Cattle Co., Syracuse, Neb. — Cattle displays by Clarke Angus Farms.
- Walters Angus, Talmage, Neb. — Cattle displays by RCA Cattle Co., T 10 Angus and Antholz Angus.
- Laflin Angus historic Angus herd at Crab Orchard, Neb. — Cattle displays by Mill Iron Angus.
- Terry Acton farms, Homesville, Neb. — Commercial Angus stop
- Lienemann Cattle Co., Princeton, Neb. — Cattle displays by R&J Angus and Keyes Angus
- Special 75-year anniversary celebration and special guest.
Saturday, Aug. 22
- Hollman Angus, Hallam, Neb. — Cattle displays by Albany Hill Farms, JM/Clowser family, Double D Angus, Macholan Angus and Hollman Angus.
- Rock Creek Station, Steel City, Neb., National Historic Park and Museum.
- Weers Angus, Diller, Neb. — Cattle displays by Sandstone Prairie, Greenview Farms/KJ3 Angus and Cammack Farms.
- S Diamond Angus, Henderson, Neb. — Cattle displays by Anderson Bros. Angus, BM Angus and SC Cattle.
To learn more about the Nebraska Angus Tour, find hotel information and to register for the event, visit www.nebraskaangus.org.
Source: American Angus Association