The following links are good sources for cattle handling equipment or for publications about system designs and cattle handling techniques.
A list of cattle equipment manufacturers was compiled by Ron Gill, Texas A&M University livestock specialist. "I want to emphasize this is only a partial listing of manufacturers that I was able to find in 2004,” says Gill.
Editor's note: Big Valley Livestock Equipment is not on Gill's list. For information, contact John Kearney, 800-541-9844. C&S Equipment (on Gill's list) has changed to Bassett Inc., Garden City, Kansas. 620-275-0300.
- Cattle Handling Facilities: Planning, Components, and Layouts, AEN-82. University of Kentucky Extension.
- Livestock Handling and Confinement Safety, National Ag Safety Database, Michigan State University Extension.
- Cattle Handling and Working Facilities, Bulletin 906. Ohio State University Extension.
- Teaching Principles of Behavior and Equipment Design for Handling Livestock, Temple Grandin, Colorado State University.
- Cattle Handling Safety in Working Facilities, National Ag Safety Database, Oklahoma Cooperative Extension.
- Cattle Handling Pointers, Texas A&M University.