SDSU Extension teams up with the South Dakota Cattlemen's Association - Cattle Feeder Council to host a feedlot tour July 14, 2015.
"Cattle producers often wonder what they can do to improve efficiencies and practices, this tour may give them the answers they are looking for," said Reid McDaniel, SDSU Extension Beef Feedlot Specialist.
This tour provides attendees with a first-hand look at feedlot operations as well as an opportunity to visit with the feedlot owner/managers as well as SDSU and SDSU Extension staff.
The event begins at 7 a.m. with a bus departing from the South Dakota State University motor pool lot (corner of 13th St. and Medary Ave, Brookings) at 7:30 a.m. To attend the tour, you may either join the bus, or meet at the specific locations.
- 8:30-10 a.m. Redstone Feeders (21139 425th Ave, Iroquois). Refreshments served courtesy of Corn Belt Livestock Services.
- 11-1:30 p.m. Warkenthien Feedyard (17515 424th Ave, Clark). Lunch served courtesy of Dakotaland Feeds.
- 2:15-3:45 p.m. Moes Feedlot (16319 445th Ave, Florence). Refreshments served courtesy of Purina Land O'Lakes.
- 5-6:30 p.m. J&J Farms (19736 465th Ave, Bruce). Refreshments served courtesy of CHS.
- 7 p.m. Arrive in Brookings.
Registration deadline is July 7, 2015
To register for this free event, visit the iGrow Events page and search for this July 14 event. Contact McDaniel with questions by phone at 605.688.5452 or by email.
Source: SDSU Extension