Canadian retailer Sobeys Inc. has issued a recall for 19 fresh-cut and deli products containing broccoli due to possible listeria contamination.
The products were distributed to Sobeys in the provinces of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, according to a news release posted on the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
The recall, issued Oct. 4, was triggered by a CFIA inspection, according to the release. The agency is conducting a food safety investigation.
“The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products,” according to the release.
The recall affects all of the products with “best before” dates of Oct. 7 and before.
The recalled products, as listed on the labels, are (if no weight is given, size of the products vary):
- Bacon Broccoli Salad, Universal Product Code starts with 217172
- Bacon Broccoli Salad, UPC starts with 227332
- Brocc/Cauli/Carrot, UPC starts with 282038
- Broccoli & Bacon Salad with Cheddar, UPC starts with 227162
- Broccoli & Cauliflower Florettes, UPC starts with 208183
- Broccoli Florettes, UPC starts with 208203
- Celebration Swt Veg Tray, 1,000 grams, UPC starts with 208688
- Celebration Veg Tray W/O Dip, UPC starts with 282995
- Celebration Veg Tray FS, UPC starts with 203006
- Celebration Veg Tray Lg, UPC starts with 254589
- GourmMin Broccoli & Bcn Salad, UPC starts with 267332
- Mixed Veggie Sticks UPC starts with 208974
- Rainbow Veggie Platter, 1 count, UPC starts with 265583
- Sunshine Veggie Tray w/ dip, 1 kg., UPC starts with 208239
- Veg Nibbler Tray 14IN Square, 1 count, UPC starts with 208675
- Vegetable Nibbler Tray square, 1 count, UPC starts with 208673
- Vegetable Tray SS, UPC starts with 252793
- Veggie Might, 1 count, UPC starts with 265589
- Veggie Stir Fry Mix, UPC starts with 208551