The Documents You Need to Receive a Tariff Payment

September 17, 2018 10:13 AM
Tariff Payments

Y ou can begin applying for tariff aid through the Market Facilitation Program (MFP) at your Farm Service Agency (FSA) office as long as your crops have been harvested and documented. You’ll need to bring the following documents to complete the application process. 

Verifiable and reliable production records by crop, type, practice, intended use and acres if not already on file. (Choose one of the following for each commodity.)


  • Scale ticket
  • Combine monitor printout
  • Custom harvesting invoice
  • Income statements

If you’re planning to put new crop grains in a bin with old crop grains, you’ll need to get a certifiable measurement before you put anything else in the bin. MFP only covers crops produced in the 2018 growing season.


  • MPP production history
  • Proof of production history established using the highest annual milk production marketed during the full calendar years of 2011, 2012 and 2013
  • If you were not in business prior to 2014, you’ll need an available full month’s marketed milk production for the calendar year the operation first began to market milk, calculated to a yearly amount using a national index based on seasons


  • Breeding records
  • Inventory records
  • Sales receipts
  • Veterinary records

When you go to your local FSA office, you will also be required to complete or update the following forms:

  • CCC-941—Reports average adjusted gross income
  • AD-1026—Ensures a conservation plan is in place before lands with highly erodible soils are farmed, identified wetland areas are protected and conservation compliance provisions are met
  • CCC-901—Identifies members of a farm or ranch that is a legal entity
  • FSA-578—Identifies crops, intended and actual uses of the crop and if the crops are irrigated or non-irrigated
  • SF-1199A—Direct deposit identifies the financial institution you wish to use to receive your MFP payment
  • Voided check

Farmers who are not already established with USDA will need to create a farm tract number. To complete that, you’ll need to bring the following with you to your local FSA office:

  • Driver’s license or Social Security number
  • Copy of recorded deed, survey plat, rental or lease agreement of the land
  • Articles of incorporation, estate or trust documents for entities

For the latest details on the trade war and tariff aid, visit

Back to news


Spell Check

Corn & Soybean Grower
Kouts, IN
9/18/2018 03:58 PM

  What a plan! Tell the FSA EXACTLY what you have to sell. No more guessing! Make it easy for the traders, USDA report writers & countries purchasing our commodities.....

Dodge City, KS
9/18/2018 10:19 PM

  Don't take the money. It is a trick to report your production. Corn and beans will go down the more you report. Half cent for corn, what a joke. Have you ever seen a half of a penny?


Corn College TV Education Series


Get nearly 8 hours of educational video with Farm Journal's top agronomists. Produced in the field and neatly organized by topic, from spring prep to post-harvest. Order now!


Market Data provided by
Brought to you by Beyer