The course content centers around the concept of realizing maximum sustainable profit per farm or ranch while improving the soil.
Date: July 23 - 25
Location: Riverview Farms, Warren County, PA
For more information or to register for the 3 day course
Contact David Manning at Riverview Farms, email@example.com, 814-730-8836 or visit www.profitableranching.com
About this Course
David Manning, owner of Riverview Farms in Tidioute, PA has made arrangements with two internationally reknown experts on Regenerative Grazing & Sustainable Ranching to offer the ultimate short course in Sustainable Cattle Ranching and Regenerative Grazing at his farm located in Warren County, PA.
- The 3-day course will be taught by Johann Zietsman of Zimbabwe, and Jim Elizondo of Mexico and is one of three North American locations to offer the course in 2015.
- The course is essential for top ranchers or those that aspire to be.
- Mr. Zietsman from Zimbabwe, studied livestock under Jan Bonsma and is a Holistic Management practitioner mentioned in Alan Savory’s book. He is acknowledged as the first person to use Ultra High Stock Density. His practical knowledge of grazing and livestock are unique. He is the author of the book entitled Man, Cattle, and Veld, said to be THE book on profitable ranching.
- Jim Elizondo from Mexico, has been using regenerative grazing to heal and improve the environment with cattle for many years. He has also been a user and franchise owner in Mexico of Free Choice Enterprises livestock mineral for over 15 years. Jim Elizondo has implemented all of the practices that will be discussed on his own ranches in Mexico.
- The course content centers around the concept of realizing maximum sustainable profit per farm or ranch while improving the soil.
- Course topics include:
- Simple and effective ways to drought-proof your farm or ranch,
- correct use of Ultra High Stocking Density (UHSD) as a tool,
- animal impact and its effect on aeration and succession,
- simple designs and economical ways to fence your ranch,
- controlling brush with livestock,
- importance of humus for forage production,
- compost extract, and
- edible silvopasture.
- The course has received many testimonials from those who have attended including, “Schools like the Regenerative Ranching course with Jim and Johann, which is excellent and based on practical experience, are worth more than 4 years of college.” -Kim Barker of Waynoka, OK “Their curriculum is outstanding and I was incredulous the two men could pack as much learning into three days as they did.” -Alan Newport, Editor of Beef Producer Magazine.
In cooperation with PA Grazing Lands Coalition and the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service, Penn Soil RC&D Council is accepting applications for partial scholarships to attend the three day course.
- A minimum of six $150 scholarships are available to help defray the cost of attending.
- The scholarships are available to residents of the United States, with highest priority consideration given to PA livestock producers.
- To download the scholarship application available by the Penn Soil RC&D www.pennsoil.org or contact us for more information via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Penn State Extension