Show stopping tractors. The latest in precision technology. Eye-grabbing machinery spread over more than 2000 exhibits.
Agritechnica is more than merely the world's largest machinery show, it's a gathering place for the latest and greatest in all things mechanical. This year two new mammoth machines stopped attendees in their tracks. The Deutz Agro XXL and the new Claas Xerion 5000 were both unveiled to the public at the show.
The 29 ft. long Deutz Agro XXL was finished just in time for the show. Consider these one-of-a-kind design features:
- 600 hp., powered by a 15.9-liter, intercooled V-8, Tier 3 Deutz engine
- Electronic fuel injection
- The eight-wheel tractor has four bogey axles with a maximum load of 22 tons each Stretching 29' feet, it is a mere 9.3' wide
- Equipped with a Funk powershift transmission with 18 forward and 6 reverse gears
- Top speed: 25 mph in forward, 8 mph in reverse
- Two fuel tanks holding a total of 317 gal.
- Available with Agro-Sky guidance
Want to see more of this bad boy? You're just a click away from joining us in Hannover, Germany, where Farm Journal reports directly from Agritechnica. You'll also meet a few U.S. farmers as they take in this mega event. Check out the full 2009 Agritechnica coverage