The super-modified tractors are considered the extreme class of pulling, says John Mears, tech official with the National Farm Machinery Show. So it’s important that the machinery is examined before competition begins to ensure it is operating correctly.
"We check a lot of the safety items, features on the super-modified tractors such as the kill switch, which is hooked up at the rear of the vehicle," Mears says.
Watch Mears talk about this class and safety precautions that techs take in the video below:
More 2013 Championship Tractor Pull Coverage:
- Wisconsin Puller Talks Tractor Specs at NFMS
- Tractor-Pull Techs Keep Sport Safe
- Indiana Tractor-Pulling Family Talks Shop
- 2013 NFMS Tractor Pull: Russell Counce of Tennessee
- 2013 Championship Tractor Pull Preview
- 2013 Championship Tractor Pull Results