USDA's Joint Ag Weather Facility has provided the following weekly weather/crop highlights:
EUROPE: Drought Continues In Spain
- Dry weather returns to Spain, maintaining drought concerns and lowering prospects for winter grains.
- Warm, dry weather across northern Europe accelerates fieldwork and winter crop development.
NORTHWESTERN AFRICA: Rain Benefits Crops, But Mostly Dry In Morocco
- Rain benefits vegetative to reproductive winter grains, although portions of Morocco remain dry.
MIDDLE EAST: Periods Of Rain And Snow Favor Winter Grains
- Periods of rain and mountain snow maintain favorable moisture reserves for vegetative (north) to reproductive (south) winter grains.
FSU: Stormy Weather Boosts Moisture, Halts Fieldwork
- Locally heavy, wind-driven rain and snow fall across Belarus, Ukraine, and Russia, halting fieldwork but providing additional soil moisture for spring growth.
SOUTH ASIA: Heat Continues In India
- Seasonably hot weather continues across India, as winter crop harvesting progresses.
- Late-week thunderstorms in Pakistan hamper fieldwork and may cause localized lodging of unharvested wheat.
EAST ASIA: Showers Benefit Spring Crops In Southern China
- Rain increases soil moisture for rice and corn in southern China.
- Warm weather promotes the development of winter wheat on the North China Plain.
SOUTHEAST ASIA: Tropical Cyclone Pakhar Approaches Vietnam
- An early season tropical cyclone boosts moisture supplies for rice and coffee in southern Vietnam.
AUSTRALIA: Beneficially Dry But Relatively Cool
- Dry weather favors summer crop maturation and harvesting in southern Queensland and northern New South Wales, but relatively cool weather maintains a slower-than-normal rate of maturation.
SOUTH AMERICA: Cool Weather Slows Growth Of Argentine Crops
- Unseasonably cool weather slows the development of late-planted corn and soybeans throughout Argentina, though no freezes are reported.
- Showers increase moisture for secondary (safrinha) corn in parts of southern Brazil. Seasonal rains maintain overall favorable conditions for safrinha corn, cotton, and other crops in central Brazil.
SOUTH AFRICA: Rain Brings Some Relief From Dryness
- Showers boost moisture reserves for immature rain-fed summer crops, winter grains, and pastures.