USDA's Joint Ag Weather Facility has provided the following weekly weather/crop highlights:
EUROPE: Rain Overspreads Previously Dry Northeastern Crops Areas
- Additional rain in Poland and Germany provides moisture for reproductive wheat and rapeseed.
- Showers continue to boost prospects for filling winter crops in France, England, and northern Italy.
- Dry weather in Spain promotes winter grain maturation and harvesting.
MIDDLE EAST: Additional Rain Benefits Turkish Grains
- Persistent late-season showers in Turkey benefit reproductive to filling winter wheat and barley.
FSU: Widespread Rain Benefits Grains And Oilseeds
- Additional showers improve winter crop prospects in southern portions of Ukraine and Russia.
- Widespread, locally heavy rain boosts soil moisture for grains and oilseeds from western Ukraine into central and northern Russia.
- Showers are returning to Kazakhstan and eastern Russia, benefiting spring wheat.
SOUTH ASIA: The Monsoon Arrives In Southern India
- The Indian monsoon arrives in the south, prompting increased planting of summer crops.
EAST ASIA: Favorable Moisture For Summer Crops
- Hot, dry weather aids drydown and harvesting of winter wheat on the North China Plain but necessitates an increase in irrigation for summer crops.
- Rainfall increases soil moisture for corn and soybeans across northeastern China.
SOUTHEAST ASIA: Heavy Monsoon Rains
- An active monsoon maintains excellent moisture conditions for rice in Indochina and the Philippines.
AUSTRALIA: Showers Favor Winter Grains And Oilseeds
- In Western Australia, widespread showers benefit vegetative winter grains and oilseeds.
- Scattered showers in southeastern Australia aid recently sown wheat, barley, and canola.
- Scattered, light showers in east-central Australia boost local moisture supplies for winter wheat.
SOUTH AMERICA: Unseasonable Cold Overspreads Argentina And Southern Brazil
- Cold, dry weather aids drydown and harvesting of Argentine summer crops.
- Frosty weather likely has limited impact on safrinha corn in southern Brazil. Prior to the cold snap, however, rain benefited winter grains in major production areas.
MEXICO: Showers Benefit Eastern Corn And Sugarcane
- Beneficial rain continues in eastern sugarcane areas, as well as in eastern sections of the southern plateau corn belt.
CANADA: Late-Week Showers Hinder Prairie Fieldwork
. Rain slows the final stages of spring grain and oilseed planting, although progress is still reportedly ahead of the average pace in most areas.