Source: USDA news release
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack today announced the appointment of 12 members to the National Dairy Promotion and Research Board. All appointees will serve 3-year terms beginning immediately.
"These appointees represent a cross section of the dairy industry and I am confident that dairy producers will be well served by them," said Vilsack.
The 36-member board is authorized by the Dairy Production Stabilization Act of 1983. The Secretary selected the appointees from nominations submitted by eligible producer organizations, general farm organizations, and qualified State or regional dairy products promotion, research or nutrition education programs.
Newly appointed are:
- George E. Marsh, Oregon (Region 1);
- Ray S. Prock, California (Region 2);
- Arlene J. Vander Eyk, California (Region 2);
- Brian W. Esplin, Idaho (Region 3);
- Neil A. Hoff, Texas (Region 4);
- Paul A. Fritsche, Minnesota (Region 5);
- Patricia M. Boettcher, Wisconsin (Region 6);
- Mark E. Erdman, Illinois (Region7);
- Susan D. K. Troyer, Indiana (Region 9); and
- Ronald R. McCormick, New York (Region 12).
Reappointed to serve second terms were: Randy G. Roecker, Wisconsin (Region 6); and Rita P. Kennedy, Pennsylvania (Region 11).