During a downturn, negotiating rental rates and navigating land values is particularly important. Farmland expert Mike Walsten, editor of LandOwner newsletter and author of the Your Precious Land blog on AgWeb.com, will host a roundtable discussion during the 2016 Top Producer Seminar on January 27 with Jim Farrell, Farmers National Company, Stephen Kenney, Hancock Agricultural Investment Group, and RD Schrader, Shrader Real Estate and Auction.
(Register for the 2016 Top Producer Seminar and receive our Early Bird rate through Dec. 31, 2015.)
Walsten has been a leader in reporting on land values for decades. Walsten’s panel discussion on land will be held during afternoon general session.
You can read more from Walsten online, including:
You can also find Walsten on Twitter. Stay tuned for our 10 Days of Top Producer Seminar series continues! Here's who we'll be spotlighting in the days ahead:
- Dec. 25 - Rudy Ruettiger, legendary Notre Dame football player
- Dec. 26 - Rob Samuels, CEO, Maker’s Mark Distillery
- Dec. 28 - Dave Mitchell, author of "Live and Learn or Die Stupid!"
- Dec. 29 - Richard Niemann, Niemann Foods
- Dec. 30 - Curt Covington of Farmer Mac and Chris Barron of Carson & Barron Farms
- Dec. 31 - Last Call! Early Bird registration ends today
Hope to see you in the Windy City!