The winners of the "Advocating for Ag" Awards from Ag Connect Expo have been announced. The awards recognize those who support "in a compelling way the work of farmers and ranchers to provide abundant and affordable food and fiber."
Grand prize winners in the three award categories are:
- Ag Woman of the Year - Liz Doornink from Baldwin, Wis.
- Community Leadership Award - Fred Rogge from Washington, Kan.
- Ag Innovation Award - Samuel Petty from Lubbock, Texas
- Ag Woman of the Year - Jolene Brown from West Branch, Iowa
- Community Leadership - Julie Brashear from Tampa, Fla.
- Ag Innovation Award - Christopher Callahan from Fayetteville, Ark.
Grand prize winners receive a trip for two to Ag Connect Expo and the runners up receive two complimentary admissions to the show plus an education session of their choice.
Online voting by the ag community helped select the winners, and more than 20,000 votes were cast for the 15 finalists. Click here for more information on the winners and winning entries.
Ag Connect Expo 2010 will be held Jan. 13 to 15, 2010, (Preview Day Jan. 12 by special admission) at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla. It will be a gathering place for those who advocate for and support production agriculture.
For more: Ag Connect Expo