Just a few seats remain on an exclusive peer-to-peer networking group for women in agribusiness from Farm Journal. The group will begin meeting in September 2016 once all memberships are in place.
As part of the Interactive Online Agribusiness Peer Group for Women, members will kick off with a one-day in-person launch meeting and then transition to six two-and-a-half-hour interactive web-based video conference collaborations over the course of the next calendar year.
Regularly sharing information with noncompetitive peers in agribusiness can provide numerous advantages to business-minded women who have one foot planted on the farm in production agriculture and one foot planted in a career in agribusiness.
“Peer advisory groups can work through the issues related to implementation and follow-through, addressing problems and opportunities as they arise to help members effect change,” notes Danny Klinefelter, Extension economist at Texas A&M University. “Essentially, a peer advisory group acts as a reciprocal advisory board made up of top farmers with skin in the game.”
The exclusive women’s peer group will be facilitated by Sarah Beth Aubrey, a well-respected farm business consultant and coach. At the initial onsite meeting, centralized location to be determined, members will:
- Meet group members and facilitator
- Participate in an interactive business development workshop
- Create individual and peer-group goals
- Enjoy an evening network activity
During the six interactive webcam conferences over the next year, members will
- Participate in a 45-minute workshop on an industry hot topic of interest to the group
- Dialogue with the presenter during a Q&A. Take part in facilitated discussion with peers on potential topics such as StrengthsFinder and assessment; goal-setting for achievement; cultivating personal and professional networks; how to be an advocate; strategic sales and selling without being salesy; and work-life balance
- Provide progress updates and next steps on achieving their individual goals
Members will also work together to promote an environment of accountability and implementation of workshop concepts and goals provided by peers.
Additional benefits of membership include private social media and email platforms for communication between meetings; access to select exclusive Top Producer Executive Network™ business education webinars; and Farm Journal Media magazine subscriptions.
Annual membership is $4,900 per individual. Members pay for their own travel and lodging for the annual onsite meeting.
For more information about the Interactive Online Agribusiness Peer Group for Women or to register, contact Lindsey Young at email@example.com or 888-605-7138.