Published on: 11:15AM Oct 09, 2009
The 2010 Top Producer Seminar Registration site is now open. This year’s conference, January 27-29, 2010, is called Win In the New Economy. This year’s conference will feature an abundance of well-known names and speakers from inside and outside the agricultural world.
The line up of speakers this year is dynamic and it includes a mix of speakers new to the seminar, as well as bringing back a few of the old favorites.
Previous favorites like Danny Klinefelter from Texas A&M and Ann Duignan from JP Morgan will be on hand to speak. New speakers this year include Jason Henderson who is the Omaha branch manager for the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank and Bruce Babcock from Iowa State University’s CARD program. Highlights include:
- Henderson speaking on credit conditions and trends
- Babcock will help the audience understand the issues around climate change legislation, the potential pitfalls, but also the opportunities for agriculture
- A panel discussion of green industry experts will expand on this topic to help you deal with the changing financial system
- We will have a panel of leading banking experts help you learn better ways of working with your lenders
- In one of our breakouts, former Farm Credit officer Roger Schlitter, now a farm financial consultant, will tell you some of the secrets he learned in 37 years as an ag banker that you need to know
- Other breakouts include how to determine your true production costs, tips for using futures and options, evaluating your crop insurance options and many other topics
The full agenda (as it stands now) is on the registration site. Check it out and I look forward to seeing you in January.