It’s the time of year for the fall farm shows. Two things are guaranteed: we’ll all get rained on at least once and trek through some mud, and there will be a lot of new iron on display with Armor All on the tires to give it that extra sheen at the show.
As a lucky member of the media, sometimes I get sneak peeks of the machines that are about to be introduced. And sometimes I don’t. So I have a feeling we’re all in for surprises as the fall shows open their gates.
Here’s my short list of what I know is being introduced:
- New high horsepower tractors
- Combines with greater harvesting power than ever before
- New-style tillage tools to tackle today’s residue challenges
- Technologies making record keeping and machinery maintenance easier
- Application equipment driven by farmer demand
And one more guarantee–I am sure that you and I both will uncover and stumble upon something that neither saw coming. Maybe you have some inside scoop of what to look for. If you do, I’d love to hear it. I never really like surprises. E-mail me: [email protected]