If You Want Crop Insurance Subsidies Be In Conservation Compliance

Published on: 13:10PM Oct 22, 2014

For farmers to continue to receive premium subsidies for crop insurance, they must be in conservation compliance with the local FSA office. In order to be in compliance, the producer must file form AD-1026 with the FSA. If you already participate in any of the farm programs, you are in compliance.

However, if you have never participated or do not have covered crops, but still use crop insurance for non-covered crops, you will need to be in compliance by June 1, 2015. If not, you will not be eligible for any premium subsidies. The RMA has a good FAQ on this subject and if this applies to you, I would certainly recommend you get familiar with it now and do not wait until May of 2015.