Published on: 15:53PM Jun 26, 2012
Are you a farmer interested in doing more to advocate for agriculture? If so, U.S. Farmers and Ranchers Alliance might have a great opportunity for you! Last week, they announced their nationwide search to find "standout farmers and ranchers who are proud of what they do," are currently sharing their stories and are willing to share them with the world.
You might be one of four "Faces of Farming and Ranching" if:
- You are a farmer over the age of 18 and a legal resident of the United States
- You are involved with the production of food
- You like to connect with people about food production
- You are passionate about agriculture
- You wouldn’t mind a $10,000 stipend for participating
- You have good ideas about connecting with food customers in a meaningful way
- You enjoy all-expense-paid trips to advocate for agriculture
- You can make a three-minute video of yourself explaining your farming prowess
- You can think of an agricultural charity you’d like USFRA to give $5,000 to in your name
- You are not an employee of Ketchum, AMR or directly related to one
- You have told your story to those outside of agriculture
This is an equal opportunity contest. Farmers and ranchers of all sizes, geographies, production practices and commodity groups are encouraged to apply. Applications can be found at www.fooddialogues.com and can be submitted until Sept. 8. Finalists will be selected Nov. 2, voting will occur the week of Nov. 12 and final judging will take place in December. The winner will be announced the week of Jan. 14, 2013.