2019 Executive Women in Agriculture Trailblazer Award
2019 Executive Women in Agriculture Trailblazer Award Application
Deadline: Nov. 5, 2018
The Executive Women in Agriculture Trailblazer Award will be given to a female producer who is a shining example for her peers. The winner will be an advocate for agriculture and represent an innovative farming or ranching operation.
Entrants are judged on agricultural advocacy (50%), farm business innovation (30%) and industry or community leadership (20%).
To apply, complete the entry form and attach your resume and two letters of reference from an industry peer, banker or agribusiness leader. Winners agree to be recognized in articles published in Top Producer magazine and online. Any financial information remains confidential unless entrants agree to its release.
- A trip for two to attend the Executive Women in Agriculture Conference in Chicago (Jan. 15-17, 2019)
- Leadership, business or succession planning consulting sessions with Rena Striegel, Transition Point Business Advisors
Sponsored by Corteva
Questions? Contact Sara Schafer at 573-581-6387 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please complete the following application in 5 easy steps -
Step 1: Tells Us About You
Please list URLs for any of the following platforms you use to promote farming and agriculture:
Step 2: Tells Us About Your Farm
What activities make up your business? Please indicate what percentage of total gross income is represented by each segment of your business.
How many employees (below the management level) are involved in your farm/ranch?
Step 3: Complete the Following Essay Questions
- (upload typed responses) -
- Give us a short history of your farm operation.
- Why did you choose farming as your profession?
- What is your role with your farm operation? What are your goals for your operation?
- Describe a business innovation that you have developed for your operation in two or more of the following areas: (1) farm finance; (2) family/employee relations; (3) marketing/sales; (4) technology; (5) connecting with consumers; or (6) environmental.
If applicable, include any documentation that might support your statement (for
example, financials, newspaper articles, industry awards).
- What challenges have you faced and overcome in your operation?
- Why is it important to be an advocate for farmers and the agriculture industry? Please provide examples of how you advocate for the agricultural industry.
- Why are you proud to be a female farmer? How have you promoted/encouraged/mentored other females in the industry?
- Tell us about an important woman who has served as a role model in your life, whether in the agriculture industry or outside of it. What makes them special, and what have you applied to your own life and business based on their example?
Please upload your responses here.
Step 4: Submit Resume and Two Recommendation Letters
- RESUME (be sure to include your leadership/community involvement) -
- REFERENCES (for example, CPA, lender, business leader or other financial consultant) -
I grant permission for Top Producer to contact the following references for information about my farm, including my financial progress. (Please attached letters from references below).
Step 5: Sign and Submit Your Application
I certify that the above information is accurate and agree to appear in subsequent publicity of this award, should I win.
* Indicates Response Required