Founded in 2008, the Corn College builds on the success of the Farm Journal Test Plot program, which has been helping farmers do a better job of growing corn for 18 years. It is a direct response to requests from farmers for more access to the vast corn production knowledge of Farm Journal Field Agronomist Ken Ferrie.
This year for the first time, the two-day event will include soybeans in the field and classroom sessions. The Corn College Summer Semester offers:
- A two-day session and two one-day session, so farmer attendees can choose what fits their schedule best. A new one-day session for consultants/retailers offers CCA credits (no other summer sessions will offer CCA credits).
- Hands-on Farm Journal agronomy classes with no sales pitch.
- Integrated classroom and field training to help corn growers quickly move their production skills to the next level.
- Classes that help growers understand the Ken Ferrie’s Systems Approach to Crop Production.
- Training that helps growers learn agronomic management techniques that raise yields and increase their dollar/acre return.
- Unprecedented access to Ken Ferrie and Missy Bauer – in group settings, breakouts and with question/answer venues.
The Summer Semester for Consultants/Retailers is tailored to professionals serving farmers. The curriculum is targeted so it can be used to broaden the agronomic knowledge consultants, company and cooperative agronomists and dealers can offer producers. As in the producer events, the emphasis is on integrated classroom and field training.
For more details and information on costs please visit the Farm Journal Corn College website: https://secure.lenos.com/lenos/pcg/FJLand/ .