USDA's Joint Ag Weather Facility has provided the following weekly weather/crop highlights:
EUROPE: Rain Eases Drought In Spain
- Much-needed rain eases drought in Spain and improves soil moisture for reproductive wheat and barley.
- Warm, dry weather across France accelerates fieldwork but reduces soil moisture for winter crops.
NORTHWESTERN AFRICA: Rain Benefits Crops In Morocco
- Rain benefits vegetative to reproductive winter grains in Morocco, although the moisture is too late for more advanced crops.
MIDDLE EAST: Sunny Skies Promote Winter Grain Development
- Sunny skies promote cotton planting and winter crop development after recent rain and mountain snow.
FSU: Rain And Snow Persist, Slowing Fieldwork
- Periods of rain and northern snow across Belarus, Ukraine, and Russia slow fieldwork but boost soil moisture for spring growth.
SOUTH ASIA: Heat Continues In India
- Heat continues to build in India, as cotton planting begins in the north.
EAST ASIA: Dryness On The North China Plain
- Dry weather prevails on the North China Plain, where rain would be welcome for vegetative winter wheat.
SOUTHEAST ASIA: Pre-monsoon Rains In Thailand
- Pre-monsoon rains in Thailand provide an early boost to reservoir levels.
AUSTRALIA: Favorably Dry And Warm
- In southern Queensland and northern New South Wales, dry, seasonably warm weather favors cotton and sorghum maturation and harvesting.
SOUTH AMERICA: Warmer Weather Aids Argentine Crops; Dryness In Brazil
- Warm, showery weather benefits immature summer grains and oilseeds in parts of Argentina.
- Late-season rain covers Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, but moisture remains limited for secondary (safrinha) corn elsewhere in the south. Showers diminish over Brazil's central interior, aiding late soybean harvesting but reducing moisture for safrinha corn and cotton.
SOUTH AFRICA: Cool, Dry Weather Dominates The Corn Belt
- Unseasonably cool weather slows the development of corn, sugarcane, and other summer crops.
MEXICO: Seasonal Showers Continue Along The Gulf Coast
- Seasonal showers benefit winter sorghum and the early development of rain-fed corn and sugarcane.