One-of-a-kind Pickup in Honor of Country Duo
Dec 23, 2009
Pickup trucks and country music make the perfect pair. And some would argue that Kix Brooks and Ronnie Dunn are the perfect pair too. Alas, the country music icons are going their separate ways and will be traveling for their farewell tour this coming year.
The Toyota Tundra has been a sponsor for Brooks & Dunn for three-plus years. In celebration of the performers, Toyota has made the The Midnight Rider Tundra Tailgater by Brooks & Dunn as a tribute.
The concept for this one-of-a-kind Tundra Tailgater was developed through the partnership with Brooks & Dunn. Built by The B.A.D. Company, the customized Tundra CrewMax Limited full-size 4x2 V8 pickup was a perfect fit for the ultimate tailgating vehicle.
The truck’s exterior includes:
- A pull-out Grill N Chill cooking area from Go! Products featuring a cooking space with countertops, infrared barbeque, beverage tap and ice chest.
- An electronically operated tonneau cover with a bed-installed 42-inch flat screen TV
- Sound system by Kicker featuring a dual subwoofer system and a separate amp, four two-way speakers with tweeters and separate crossovers, and dual two-channel amps with separate equalizers and speaker control units.
- Custom black paint treated with silver metallic flakes.
- Custom western-engraved silver door handles
- A front grille adorned with a chrome Brooks & Dunn logo steer skull
- A chrome-accented steer skull tailgate handle
- A hand-tooled black saddle leather-trim tonneau cover surrounded with custom Brooks & Dunn silver conchos, all created by noted silversmith, artist and horseman, Clint Mortenson of Mortenson Silver & Saddles.
- A Brooks & Dunn license plate frame recognizing 20 years of hit music
- 20-inch Mickey Thompson “Classic Lock” polished aluminum wheels with 35-inch Mickey Thompson “Claw” off-road tires, Bushwacker bolt-on fender flares, a three-inch suspension lift, and Toyota accessorized chrome tube steps.
The truck’s interior includes:
- Black leather trim seats and silver accents
- A hand-tooled silver cupholder faceplate and custom saddle horn shift knob highlighted with a silver cap
- A Toyota navigation system and rear seat entertainment
- Audio was upgraded with Kicker speakers including one subwoofer, one two-way speaker with separate tweeter crossover in each door, four more separate tweeters mounted throughout the cab, and three amps with an equalizer