Beef Industry Events
Designed Specifically for Cow Calf and Feedlot Producers
Please click the links below for event specific information and to register.
June 20-21, 2017 | Cow-Calf
August 16-17, 2017 | Feedlot
Marketplace Need for Cowboy College:
Consumers are demanding transparency. They want assurances about animal welfare and food safety. It is imperative the cattle industry respond through education and training that promotes beef quality assurance.
Cowboy College is an educational program designed specifically for those involved in the day-to-day care and welfare of the animals. During this intense program directed by three of the industry’s leading veterinarians, cattlemen will learn best management practices and how to apply them to ensure the health, performance and quality of the cattle in their care.
Past Speakers Included:
- Dr. Dan Thomson, DVM, Ph.D., Kansas State University, host of "DocTalk"
- Dr. Mike Apley, DVM, Ph.D., DACVCP, Kansas State University
- Tom Noffsinger, DVM
Attendees will learn:
- New technologies to improve cattle health
- Best management practices for cattle health and performance
- Low-stress cattle handling techniques
- How to ensure food safety and quality
- How to improve animal welfare
- Beef quality assurance practices
Dr. Dan Thomson, a key speaker at Feedlot Cowboy College
and host of "DocTalk," invites you to attend Cowboy College!