2018 Tomorrow's Top Producer Horizon Award
2019 Tomorrow's Top Producer Horizon Award Application
Deadline: Nov. 5, 2018
The Tomorrow's Top Producer Horizon Award will be given to a producer under the age of 35 who demonstrates excellence in the business of farming, including marketing, farm finance, family and employee relations and technology.
Entrants are judged on entrepreneurial originality (50%), financial and business progress (30%) and industry or community leadership (20%). Any farmer, rancher or partnership that gets at least half of their income from farming and farm-related ventures may apply.
To apply, complete the entry form and send two letters of reference from an accountant, banker or agribusiness leader. Winners agree to be recognized in articles published in Top Producer magazine and online. Any financial information remains confidential unless entrants agree to its release.
- A trip for two to attend the Top Producer Seminar in Chicago (Jan. 15-17, 2019)
- DJI Phantom 3 model drone
Sponsored by Pioneer and DuPont
Questions? Contact Sara Schafer at 573-581-6387 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please complete the following application in 5 easy steps -
Step 1: Tells Us About You
Step 2: Tells Us About Your Farm
Please attach a current balance sheet and cash flow statement, as well as any other financial documents you'd like to share (all will be kept confidential).
What activities make up your business? Please indicate what percentage of total gross income is represented by each segment of your business.
How many employees (below the management level) are involved in your farm/ranch?
Step 3: Complete the Following Essay Questions
- (upload typed responses) -
- Give us a short history of your farm operation.
- Why did you enter farming and what were your original goals? What are they now?
- Describe a business innovation that you have developed for your operation in one or more of the following areas: (1) farm finance; (2) family/employee relations; (3) marketing/sales; (4) technology; or (5) environmental.
- Describe the success of that effort. If applicable, include any documentation that might support your statement (for example, financials, newspaper articles, industry awards.)
- What help have you received (financial or in-kind) from other family members, business partners or mentors?
- What challenges have you faced and overcome in your operation?
- Describe the financial progress you have made during your agricultural career.
- If married, describe your spouse's occupation and/or role in the operation.
- Describe your involvement in leadership/community service.
Please upload your responses here.
Step 4: Submit Two Recommendation Letters
- REFERENCES (for example, CPA, lender, business leader or other financial consultant) -
I grant permission for Top Producer to contact the following references for information about my farm, including my financial progress. (Please attached letters from references below).
Step 5: Sign and Submit Your Application
I certify that the above information is accurate and agree to appear in subsequent publicity of this award, should I win.
* Indicates Response Required