The Tomorrow’s Top Producer conference provides attendees with tactical business tips, inspirational stories and top-notch networking. More than 20 experts will share their advice for young farmers during the event, which runs July 20-21 in Nashville.
Bret Oelke, owner of ag business consulting company Innovus Agra, presented to attendees at our Tomorrow’s Top Producer conference this past year.
As farmers transition into leadership he encourages them to:
- Don’t be afraid to take intelligent and calculated risks.
- Act like an owner, even if you aren’t one.
- Be decisive—remember it is not the big fish that eats the small fish, it is the fast fish that eats the slow fish.
- If you don’t ever fail, you are not taking enough risk.
- Failure is not personal; it is a type of learning.
- Become a mistake manager.
- Think through the consequences of the decisions you make before you have to make them.
- Surround yourself with people that are positive and supportive.
- Learn from successful businesses inside and outside of production agriculture.
Oelke will be presenting at the 2017 event.
NEW! Pre-Conference Workshop on Farm Finances and Marketing
Want to improve profitability for your farm operation? Join us for this pre-conference workshop on Wednesday, July 19. Through hands-on sessions, attendees will learn about commodity market analysis, the components of a marketing plan and the mechanics of developing a marketing plan for their operation. The cost is just $69!
Click to learn more!