The Tomorrow’s Top Producer Horizon Award will be given to a producer under the age of 35, who demonstrate excellence in the business of farming, including
- farm finance
- family and employee relations
- environmental stewardship
Entrants are judged on entrepreneurial originality (50%), financial and business progress (30%) and industry or community leadership (20%). Any farmer, rancher or partnership that gets at least half of their income from farming and farm-related ventures may apply.
Prizes for the 2019 award included:
- A trip for two to attend the 2018 Tomorrow's Top Producer conference (Jan. 28-30, 2020)
- Other prizes (last year's winner received a DJI Phantom 3 model drone)
- 2020 prizes may vary from 2019.
Deadline: Sept. 5, 2020
For questions, contact Sara Schafer at (573) 581-6387 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read about the 2019 winner, Tony Schwarck of Riceville, Iowa
- Read about the 2018 winner, Maggie Holub of Scribner, Neb.
- Read about the 2017 winner, Cody Goodknight of Chattanooga, Okla.
- Read about the 2016 winner, Chris Noble of Pavilion, N.Y.
- Read about the 2015 winner, Matt Sims of State Line, Ind.
- Read about the 2014 winner, Jeremy Weaver of Needham, Ind.
- Read about the 2013 winner, Joanna Carraway of Murray, Ky.
- Read about the 2012 winner, Michael Daniels of Salem, Wis.